[DeTomaso] Stress-relieving Rims

Stephen Nelson steve at snclocks.com
Fri Aug 16 16:13:51 EDT 2013

I saw the stress-relieving recommendation on this forum, did a search and
did not manage to find an authoritative reference.  The last comment in this
thread (the comment at the very bottom) seems to be quoted regularly:
http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19
<http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=29299> &t=29299

I have an e-mail off to Halibrand asking them if they have any comments.  I
also called a PhD metallurgist and he commented that 375 seem very low to
hope to have any impact.  He suggested contacting the manufacturer.  So,
searched the web - I get the idea that Campy doesn't make auto rims today.
But, found an interesting thread on a Ferrrarrit forum -
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/other-italian/300517-new-campagnolo-wheels-
being-made.html  discussing making new rims for the GR4 pantera from
original molds.  The guy that was apparently making the rims is Cesare
Magistrali.  They gave a link to his facebook page, so I have sent off a
query on stress relieving.

Will be interesting to see if either Halibrand or Cesare responds.

Stephen Nelson

SNClocks.com <http://www.snclocks.com/>

Click here to join one of our mailing lists Contact
<http://fs19.formsite.com/kagforms/form675003155/index.html>  Lists

Click here for our new
<http://www.snclocks.com/TheRestofourWorld/Hammered-Dulcimers/About-Steves-D
ulcimers/19824807_4sHGgj#1558377542_LKmkrT7> Hammered Dulcimers galleries

Click here for my new blog <http://www.perfectoldman.com/>  on finding
happiness in retirement

  _____