[DeTomaso] NPC: Radar Detectors

Dave dave at damardirect.com
Fri Aug 16 10:06:30 EDT 2013

Purchased my first V1 about 16 years ago. After about 10 years it went nuts. Beeping all of the time (constant). Sent it back for service. In about 4 days I had a repaired unit for about $30. Three years ago it did the same thing. Valentine not only repaired the unit N/C, they did all of the upgrades N/C and included a nice thank you note. About 4 years ago I purchased the second unit for my wife's car. Valentine's service department is exceptional. The arrows are really cool. It tells you if you just passed a radar unit & a second unit is just ahead.

If you can find an old Valentine, they were worth $200 on trade. Check with Valentine for details.

Right now, laser radar holds the cards. No radar detector  will give you an adequate alert, just  light scatter at best. If you get in the cross-hair, you are toast regardless of what kind of detector you own. Instant on means instant on with a laser.
Real jammers are cool but will get you thrown in the slammer real fast (Federal Offense). Also, very, very expensive.

IndyDave