[DeTomaso] NPC: Radar Detectors

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 11:05:38 EDT 2013

I don't want to hijack the thread , but what about laser scramblers.I have
an X-Treme Laser Jammer that someone gave me as a gift and I have never
gotten around to installing it.
>From what  have read they really do work. There is a write up on them (the
X-Treme as well as some other models in Wikipedia and they have been
outlawed in Alaska <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska>,
California<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California>
, Colorado <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado>,
Illinois<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois>
, Minnesota <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota>,
Oklahoma<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma>
, South Carolina <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Carolina>,
Tennessee<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee>
, Texas <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas> and
Utah<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah>
.
I don't think they would bother to outlaw them if they didn't work. They
are supposed to detect the frequency of the laser wavelength and send a
signal back to the laser gun so that it gets an error message, while this
is happening the driver can slow down and then turn off the device so he
doesn't drive by the cop and have no speed reading ( a dead give away that
your jamming his device. I thought it sounded pretty cool.
When i had my NSX I had a K-40 built in radar detector. It had two sensors
one in front and one in the rear with two leds built into my dash (in the
speedo) if the radar was in front of you the left led lit and an alarm went
off and if the radar was coming from the rear the other led lit. It worked
great and I never got a ticket. This company now makes a much more advanced
model that gives 360 degree coverage. They also make a laser diffuser.
Here is the link to their site.
http://www.k40.com/rl360i-radar-detector-pages-165.php

Boyd