[DeTomaso] Compression ratio estimate

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 23:19:28 EDT 2013

The more squishy it gets, the higher the compression.

This is the volume is 64 at the bottom and 8 at the top, the comp ratio is 8:1

But if the bottom volume is 120 and the top volume is 10, the comp
ration is 12:1

The reason that higher comp engines need prem fuel is that it is less
volatile, meaning that it takes more
to set it off, where, lower octane fuel will explode more easily.

Dieseling is a byproduct of fuel being set off by pressure rather than
by spark, so you want fuel that reacts more to spark and less to
pressure,
a diesel engine doesn't even use a spark, all the fuel is exploded by
pressure after the first reaction that is helped alone by the glow
plug to get it started.

Michael

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM, michael at michaelshortt.com

--