[DeTomaso] NPC-- video from Silverstone Classic

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Aug 11 19:30:44 EDT 2013

In a message dated 8/11/13 15 57 26, pantdino at aol.com writes:

> At the end are some shots of bent fenders-- these guys drive the cars
> hard.
>

>>>Over the years I have noticed a profound lack of respect for these
historic cars among European drivers.   Whether they are zillionaires, or
professional hot-shoes hired to drive for zillionaires, they drive with remarkable
lack of caution or common sense, and car-nage is common.   I find it
shameful. :<(

What's even worse is when one of these guys drives like an idiot and
smashes into Joe Sixpack (or rather, the European equivalent) who has only just
managed to scrape together enough cash to get a car together and onto the
track.   His car is ruined and he can't afford the repairs; meanwhile the
offender just issues a blank check to his restoration shop and they rebuild his
car in a matter of weeks, for him to go out and smash it (and some other poor
slob) up again, with no repercussions.

It's true that the racing is better over in Europe than here, and the cars
are (generally) better too.   But I much prefer the attitude of mutual
respect over here.