[DeTomaso] Picture link

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Sat Aug 10 18:42:20 EDT 2013

 Paul,

Your email reminded me that I wanted ask the masses a question about a factory sun roof.  I was at the historic races at Road America last month and I saw a black Pantera with Wisconsin plates in the Road and Track parking area by turn 5.  The car was listed as a 1973 GTS and was a beautiful car.  It had a delta wing with the normal rear deck.  I can't remember if it had a sugar scoop spoiler on it or not.  I didn't have my camera on me to take pictures and I didn't think to look at the VIN.

The car had a sun roof and I asked him about it.  It was a retractable glass roof that slid into the headliner (not over the roof).  I saw the car drive in and I talked to the owner.  He said he researched it and the sun roof was added by the factory.  He said some Panteras (plural) were built for Ford executives with sun roofs.  He also said that the glass panel was removable and could be replaced with a metal one that was painted the same color as the car.  He said it was real easy to do the switch.

I never heard of factory sun roofs.  Can anyone tell the rest of the story?

Tom
5186