[DeTomaso] NPC Interesting day doing the Rodeo Parade.

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Sat Aug 10 18:27:03 EDT 2013

One of the car clubs that I frequent annually participates in the
Coffeyville Kansas Rodeo parade.  This morning I arrived bright, shinny
and early for the parade in my white 73.  I went to the designated
marshaling area and linked up with the group for the mandatory "Gawk and
Talk" before the parade.

In being lined up for the event I was assigned a position behind a
friends tall "T" sedan that sports a Chebby small block and some big
knobby rear tires.  Jim is a lot of fun and loves to please the crowd
with a burn out or two showing off his "T".  You could tell the parade
was locally organized by the ordering of the parade.  The first to go
was the horseback color guard and 3 contingents of riding clubs, with
about 50 horses each.  Next came the Rodeo advertizing float throwing
candy to the kids and then the car club. By the time I finished the
parade I was exhausted.  The horses all had diarria.  The advertizing
float was throwing out candy to the kids all over the street and Jim
realized that burn outs are much easier if you start on a fresh pile.  I
spent the entire parade route on and off the clutch, and dodgeing kids
sifting through horse poop trying to find candy and Jim seeing how far
he could sling fresh poop to delight the crowd .

Just finished washing and detailing the P car before putting it in the
garage.

Living the life,
jerry