[DeTomaso] Ethanol

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 16:28:00 EDT 2013

I had a chipper that had severe rust issues inside the gas tank.  I
replaced the tank, and it ran as good as new.  The old tank was nasty on
the inside.

Now I use fuel stabilizer on anything that gets infrequent use.

So, yes, I believe the ethanol promotes corrosion on anything that gets
infrequent use - due to attracting water, more than the corrosion of
ethanol.
--
Will