[DeTomaso] Ethanol

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 10 13:00:55 EDT 2013

10% ethanol is mandated here in NV during winter months and most gas station have up to 10% year round, I fill up the same as I have always done and drive the same as I have always done.
If you are still running 1970's rubber hoses on your fuel system then you are asking for trouble no matter what.
Ethanol as an alcohol, is hygroscopic so absorbs water, thus any long term storage should be with a good gas stabilizer or just make the last tank of the season race gas, but be aware even some race gas brands have an ethanol content as pure ethanol has a RON octane rating of 108, also most race gas blends over 100 octane contain lead anyway.
Maybe it's all a Chinese conspiracy to make you buy a new car, as they own at least a portion of every new car made ;>)
Julian