[DeTomaso] pcv yes or no

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 16:13:45 EDT 2013

I just changed my valve covers from the tinny Detomaso ones to heavy gauge
aluminum Mickey Thompson valve covers. I had a PCV fitting from the valve
cover to the vacuum fitting on my Holley 4150 double pumper with mechanical
secondaries and a manual choke. The mechanic I use when I use one said I
didn't need , shouldn't use the PCV from the valve cover to the vacuum
fitting on the carb , instead he said I should just use the vented fittings
that fit the valve cover openings with out a hose to a vacuum fitting on
the carb. What is the consensus of my fellow Pantera brethren?
Boyd