[DeTomaso] Pantera #1970 at Russo and Steele next week

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Aug 7 20:26:24 EDT 2013

Hi guys,

In a surprise move, PCNC member Scott Pinsky has suddenly decided to sell
his beautiful '71 Pantera #1970, and it is a late entry in the Russo and
Steele auction.

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/237642/index.html

It's a very nice car with some odd details (such as the 1960s Ferrari front
side marker lights and Mangusta rear side marker lights, and the clock in
the center of the steering wheel).   He ran it at Sears Point at his very
first track day a few weeks ago and it ran perfectly.

I presume it's structurally sound, although I don't know that for a fact.

I suspect (hope) it has a very high reserve, and because it's such a late
entry, it might not garner enough interest to sell at auction.   But if
somebody was looking for a quality Pantera, this would certainly qualify, I
think, and perhaps a deal could be done afterwards....

I really hope he doesn't wind up giving it away for less than it's worth
there.   Russo and Steele has traditionally not been the best venue for
Panteras, I think?