[DeTomaso] NPC - Dino sale price

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Wed Aug 7 17:32:01 EDT 2013

While the Dino is a very beautiful car and sounds wonderful, the rise in the "GTS" targa-topped model with the factory Daytona type seats and primitive flares has caused a stampede of the collector herd to them.  IIRC a basically perfect example which had just undergone a complete restoration sold for a little less than $450K last year at Monterey.

You are right- in the 1970's and even early '80's they were barely more expensive than Panteras.

But MANY cars are skyrocketing in value now and will come down again, as we have seen many times before.

The Pantera is ridiculously undervalued in the marketplace-- a good thing for buyers who don't follow the collector herd'

Jim Oddie