[DeTomaso] H/L microswitch

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Aug 6 18:34:14 EDT 2013

In a message dated 8/6/13 14 02 30, mazdastuff at yahoo.com writes:

> I am changing out radiators and the new radiator butts up against the
> microswitch for the headlights...I believe that is the UP one.  To the point
> that I cannot get the radiator to fit into the mountings holes securely.
>
> Slotting the holes at the bottom is an option for someone with skill &
> tools..( I have neither )
>
> So I am opting to find a narrow micro switch...but can someone tell
> me...is the switch a SPDT?  The sites like DigiKey & Grainger list so many I am
> not sure what to look for.
>

>>>Whoa.   You should not need to be doing stuff like this.   I must say,
your car has been fighting back fairly strong recently.   I wonder if it is
because a previous owner hacked it up?

My recollection is that your car already had a great radiator in it.   Is
this not true?   If it's true, then why not just leave it in there and call
it good?

If you have to change it, what are you changing it to?   Any Pantera
radiator should just drop in with no hacking and whacking required anywhere.   If
you're trying to adapt a radiator from some other source, why?   If it's a
proper Pantera radiator, then it should fit.   If it doesn't fit, why doesn't
it fit?

Did somebody replace your headlight switches with some Brand X thing that
is incorrect?   If so, then the thing to do is replace them with proper
Pantera switches.   That should be fairly easy.

But if you have proper switches, and a proper radiator, and things are
running into other things, then you need to stop and figure out what's wrong.

Can you post photos of your situation so we can get a better handle on it?