[DeTomaso] Heat Insulation - Engine Bay

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 09:56:41 EDT 2013

Yes, at the suggestion of a hot rod shop I frequent here in Dallas, I used
it all over my car. No hard measurements of effectiveness but anecdotally I
am very pleased. I may try to do a test at Italian Car Fest in
September comparing the underside temps of my roof compared to another car
after being out in the sun all afternoon.

You'll have to email them to see if they will send you a smaller quantity,
or perhaps a "test" quantity. If not, perhaps you can try Lizardskin.
(Speaking of testing, it would be easy to set up a test if you got some,
using two peices of stainless and a ceramic heater.) If you get some and do
test it, there are many other places in the car where it can effectively be
used.

I think it keeps for a while(months, not years) if the container is tightly
sealed and cool.

Jeff
6559