[DeTomaso] Heat Insulation - Engine Bay

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 3 20:27:10 EDT 2013

A more useful answer for John, how about some of the products that racers use like the gold reflective films?
Here's a Kevlar mat that Pegasus Auto Racing carry, which withstands radiant heat up top 3,000F, which you could use as a sandwich layer if desired.
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=7267
and aluminium products;
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=1832
or the thin film that most modern race car engine bays are coated with which might serve you fender application.
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=1838
Julian