[DeTomaso] What's going on in the parts business?

"Jürgen M. Wilms" juergen.wilms at cox.net
Sat Aug 3 11:36:42 EDT 2013

One of the key success factors to outsourcing is stringent quality control. Certain vendors seem to have decided that it is much cheaper to have their customers perform quality control. If the part is defective, they will exchange it, no questions asked. Obviously,  vendors do not pay for the additional installation time that their low quality parts cause. How to avoid it? Provide ratings on companies / products. It works: these days, who would buy from an eBay vendor with only a 80-90% satisfaction rating?