[DeTomaso] What's going on in the parts business?

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 10:55:48 EDT 2013

I had the same problem a few years ago when I had to replace my Clutch
master cylinder. I purchased the new master from  a Pantera vendor who
swore it was OEM part from Italy. As soon as I saw it it was clear that it
was not the same (at least from a quality standpoint) It looked like a sand
cast copy. I wound up having to use most of the parts from my old Master
cylinder in order to make it work. I remember at the time several other
people were complaining about the same thing. If I had to buy a new one
today I would not hesitate to buy a CNC brand with a stainless steel
sleeve. More money but money well spent. I purchased CNC master cylinders
for my Brakes ( I am running two brake master cylinders)

CNC dual master cylinder <http://www.cncbrakes.com/images/240.jpg>

Sometimes you can clearly see the difference in quality and sometimes you
don't know what you bought until it shows up at your door.
* **Caveat emptor *  "Let the buyer beware"

Good rules to live buy especially in the days of Internet commerce and
dealing with anonymous vendors.
Boyd