[DeTomaso] Monterey Detomaso Events?

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri Aug 2 18:48:47 EDT 2013

LS and others,

Bob just posted some good Monterey events.

I would add Carmel between 12 and 2 on Thursday where many of the Pebble Beach cars return from a proof-of-driveability tour and
all park on State Street for up close (Watch the purses and belt buckles) viewing. Free. Lots of people. Lot of the Pebble cars without the insane ticket price - $275 day of show.

I second the gathering at Baja Cantina in Carmel Valley Thursday night. Cars, cars,guys and gals. Booze, food, music - good times.

While Bob and others hit the track Friday, most of us will be at Concorso Italiano.  ($150 at the door) An all day affair, followed as Bob noted by the PCNC dinner that night at our host lodge in Carmel Valley. SOMETIMES good for late comers; sometimes sold out. I do not know status of this year's event. The PCNC website is void of any info. If you have interest in the Friday dinner, contact me off list and I'll steer you the right direction to find out.

Saturday at the track - $100 at the door.

Mike Drew might chime in with info on the Pebble Beach Dawn Patrol on Sunday, but that is waaaaay too early for most sane folks.

Sunday I sleep in late as I can - DAMN LOUD STUPID SPORT CARS!!! -- and head out late morning for the three hour drive back to Fresno.

The entire weekend is a Disneyland for Car Guys. Sample what interests you, mix it up year to year. All good.

If you are attending, let us know what events and your phone #.  Putting faces with email forum members is always good.

Larry