[DeTomaso] FW: Counterfeit Cars

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Aug 1 12:23:13 EDT 2013

In a message dated 8/1/13 9 09 44, gaino at earthlink.net writes:

> Ferrari made Pontiac quit making the Fiero model that looked so much like
> the 308 I think.
>

>>>No, it was the millions of people who refused to buy a Fiero that were
responsible for GM quitting production of the Fiero. :>)

BTW here's a link to the news story with photos:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1085935_spanish-police-bust-fake-ferrari-
racket

I love the way the media has hyped this thing as though it were some sort
of criminal conspiracy.   This was a little kit car company, plain and
simple.   Nobody was defrauding anybody.   Think of the MILLIONS of kit cars that
are roaming the streets in the USA--you practically can't turn around
without seeing a Cobra replica, for instance.