[DeTomaso] Back at home....

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Apr 30 03:24:01 EDT 2013

Hi guys,

Lori and I are back at home after a beautiful drive from Reno this morning:

We left with Julian in his ex-NASCAR 18-wheeler yesterday morning,
determined to drive straight through to his home in Reno (about 12 hours).   All
went smoothly for us, but Denny Morse had his starter take a dump (much like
Brian Devine) and he was stranded in a Chevron station in Hawthorne, NV.   We
caught up to him about 45 minutes later, determined that the solenoid (or
wiring leading to it?) was dead as a doornail, so Julian, Lori and I
bump-started him and then followed him to Carson City.   He's moving to Minden in the
next few weeks and planned to drop the car at Larry Stock's shop for
short-term storage anyway; now it will undergo repairs at the same time.

After a short but comfortable sleep at Julian's house, we went to his
office, unloaded all the cars from the rig, packed our gear, and Lori and I drove
home in convoy, arriving in just under three hours.

We took our time getting settled in, unpacking the cars etc. (and yes, I
did carry her over the threshold, much to her surprise as her hands were full
of luggage at the time!) and will be relaxing at home for the rest of this
week.   We are also going to be continuing the fun by meeting up with several
European participants in the Fun Rally who are going to be visiting San
Francisco later this week; we will probably be doing dinner with them on
Thursday, if anybody else wants to join us.

We both want to thank everybody who took the time to make the journey to
the Fun Rally, and most especially, to our wedding.   It was truly a special
occasion, made so by the great group of friends from all over the country and
other parts of the world who took the time to join us on our special day.

Thanks to everyone for coming!

Oh, and a special thanks to Julian for making it so easy and so enjoyable
to have both our cars at the Fun Rally!

Cheers!