[DeTomaso] GT5-S 9438 for sale in DC

Stephen Nelson steve at snclocks.com
Mon Apr 29 12:34:58 EDT 2013

9438 is offered for sale on eBay in Washington DC.  Has anyone on the list
recently looked at this car - and, if so, can they add anything to the eBay
description, which is copied on the ProvaMo site?  Here is the eBay listing
GT5-S
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Pantera-GT5-S-1986-DeTomaso-Pant
era-GT5-S-/171032395933?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27d253409d>

The maker talks about the car being built by Kirk Evans of Amerisport.  And
that it has a separate VIN from same.  From the net I find that Kirk brought
bodies and assembled them here in the US.  Does this mean they are
federalized - as in smog equipped?  Is 9438 smog equipped as in air pumps
and cat converters?

The seller also references the car has "just been gone through by well none
Pantera man Ron McCall".  Can anyone provide a bit of background on Ron - is
he recognized as a well known expert?

Please respond off list with any comments on the condition of the car and
Ron's reputation, unless of course you want to publish same for others
edification.

And, somehow I know all of this has been hashed and rehashed in the past -
it's just that I am not aware of where to find same.

Stephen Nelson

steve at snclocks.com

360-210-7295