[DeTomaso] new Battery

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 21:43:57 EDT 2013

The first symptom was that the car wouldn't start ( the car was hot and the
starter was dragging . I jumped it and it started immeadiatly. ) Ihave a
digital charger that has a diagnostic mode and it is saying the battery has
a bad cell. When I put the charger on the battery at a 2.0 amp charge rate
it seems to take the charge ( the car turns over and starts right up) my
volt meter shows almost 14 volts when the car is running with no other load
( no lights or other electrical draw). My charger has an alternator test
mode and it comes up with the same fault code as when I try to charge the
battery. I no longer have the instructions for the charger but if I
remember correctly you need a good fully charged battery to test the
alternator .