[DeTomaso] new Battery

thomas thomas at hax.se
Sun Apr 28 20:00:12 EDT 2013

Actually it is if you use an intelligent charger and the battery is totally flat that the charger may not realize that you have connected it to a battery, and it is not limited to Optimas.

A traditional charger will start charging as it puts a voltage on the leads even if you don't connect them to anything.

My car came with a yellow top optima when I bought it in march 2000. It was several years at the time and I had to replace it a few years ago. I bought a new yellow top.

I now have a Ctek intelligent charger constantly hooked up when the car is in the garage and I hope the new battery will last at least as long as the old. The old battery had been totally discharged several times.

Thomas