[DeTomaso] Fwd: Re: Taillight Housing Extra Socket?

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 17:32:51 EDT 2013

> Different kind of parking light, I am referring to one that lights up
only the left or right rear corner ( on a 450SL it is activated when you
turn the lights off snd then go one or two clicks backwards past that - 1
for left, 2 for right ). Not standard parking lights that light up all four
corners plus the side markers.
> Used when one is forced to park along a narrow street at night, one one
corner and one bulb to reduce battery drain.
> Since it was asked about it only being on one side is why I didn't think
it was simply for more lumens ( brightness). But I guess it could just be
brighter just on one side.
> Only the original owner or modification guy knows for sure.
>
> Michael
>
> On Apr 28, 2013 2:00 PM, "Tomas Gunnarsson" <guson at home.se> wrote:
>>
>> Since it seems to be a socket for a two filament bulb I assume someone
>> wanted to increase lightpower for taillights and brake lights. The
>> parking light function is already kinda covered in the basic
>> configuration. ;-)
>>
>> Tomas

enkelt och säkert!</a></font>