[DeTomaso] Slave Cylinder

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sat Apr 27 11:06:30 EDT 2013

I just got off the phone talking to Freddy. The trans has just been
rebuilt and after reinstallation the noise was present. The rebuilder
had installed a throwout bearing slightly thicker than stock. This was
thought to be the culprit so he switched back to the old bearing. No
difference. There's an awful sound as soon as he presses the clutch. The
slave cylinder is reasonably well adjusted. Even if the adjustment was
off riding the bearing it wouldn't make a bad noise. It sounds like the
bearing is completely seized or something static is touching the
rotating assembly when you push the clutch. Freddy is going to pull the
trans again.

Tomas