[DeTomaso] Speedometer Help

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:48:15 EDT 2013

I agree. I have an '85 GT5-S and recently replaced the cable. The first time
it acted exactly as you state. It made a clicking noise and the needle
jumped. The cable lasted roughly 100 miles before it snapped again.

Being much more careful with the replacement routing, it no longer makes
clicking noises and it  has lasted much more than 100 miles... it is vital
to avoid any sharp bends in the cable or it won't live long

Charles McCall
Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe
1985 DeTomaso Pantera #9375