[DeTomaso] Getting ready to roll

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Apr 20 11:52:13 EDT 2013

In a message dated 4/19/13 19 07 26, tmshinro at aol.com writes:

> Folks must be spending their time getting their cars ready for the trek
> to Phoenix because the list is pretty quiet.
>
> I should also be doing some things to get ready but it is too darn cold in
> the garage.

Yesterday, Lori drove her Pantera (and I followed in the humble minivan,
loaded with boxes of Pantera parts for Eurodudes plus all our luggage, we met
up with Randy and Linda Welch in their Pantera, and convoyed up to Reno
(about three hours) where we met up with Julian Kift.

After the debacle of last year, where his 18-wheeler car hauler blew up in
the middle of the desert, Julian doubled down and bought an even bigger,
better rig!   He can now haul five cars instead of a measley two!   When we got
to his shop, Jerry Brubaker arrived in his beautiful green car.

So, we loaded the three Panteras present,

then piled in the minivan for the long drives home, not getting home until
about 8:00 p.m.

This morning we washed my Pantera (a rarity) and are about to leave to
drive back up to Reno, load it (along with Julian's white GT5), and then start
the two-day drive to Phoenix.   We should arrive there Sunday.

See you there!