[DeTomaso] Gear Oil, Castrol Hypoy C

Dave dave at damardirect.com
Thu Apr 18 13:43:21 EDT 2013

This is crazy. Evidently Pep Boys has a surplus (240 Qts) of the Castrol Hypoy C Gear Oil 80W90. This is the old name & was renamed in Nov 2011 to AXLE LIMITED SLIP 80W-90.

Priced at $2.90/qt. The local store ordered a case of 12 qts for me about 2 weeks ago. Said it had to come from a Texas warehouse. I honestly did not think it would materialize, figured it was a mistake they had over 200 qts. I got a call yesterday from the store & picked up 12 qts for 2.90/qt. The new name is the same product, just a new name but the cost is $7-9/qt

I searched the Pep Boys site for a link, no luck but I did find this link & it is good:
http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/8078227/00337/

Less than 1/2 the cost of the re-named oil.

IndyDave