[DeTomaso] This ain't no butt crack!!!

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Thu Apr 18 13:45:36 EDT 2013

San Jose area help needed!

Need a competent chassis/welding shop ASAP!

Have been fighting with a new radiator/fan install, and I am pleased to report
that after having the entire Murphy family, several generations removed, attend
this event, it is finally all installed and operational.   Certainly right up to
the point where the diodes melt off of the circuit board in the
alternator....then that will be a different party!

While under the car doing some wiring, I found a crack in my main sub-frame.
Fairly easy to get at, but I do not trust my "upside down" welding skills, or
for that matter my right side up welding skills as this is a "sheet-metal"
chassis and welding thin stuff is a MPITA!   I want to shore up this spot with
either some 3/32" or 1/8" steel....and welding thick to thin is a little more
tricky.....especially when you have gravity working against ya.

So, am seeking a shop in the south bay that would be able to handle this task on
short order........   Otherwise we'll be using non-Goose motivation to hit
Phoenix with!

Lemmeno and thanks!
Steve