[DeTomaso] Gulf Pantera--uh......

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Apr 17 18:36:47 EDT 2013

In a message dated 4/17/13 14 33 31, cengles at cox.net writes:

> Whohol did do a Pantera ..this one. http://tinyurl.com/bmmnrx6
>

>>>If you read the text in the link, Patrick clearly states:
====
We nicknamed the car Andy just before Le Mans Classic 2006, as this car had
allegedly been painted in the 70’s by famous artist Andy WARHOL, which is
not true.
=====
I don't know where the Warhol story got started.   It was painted in this
color scheme by the original owner/racer in Italy, Marcello Gallo.

Patrick sold this car several years ago, and I haven't seen or heard of it
since?

I had the chance to buy it for $55-60K back in 2000.   I'm kicking myself
now for failing to have the foresight to scrape the cash together back
then....