[DeTomaso] 2 Pantera GT5-S's for sale

Roland Jäckel pantera874 at t-online.de
Tue Apr 16 20:17:46 EDT 2013

Well, i know the german car pretty well. Three and not two owners. Side impact in the late 90's with the second owner. The second owner worked in the red light business and took money from the insurance and made a cheap repair on it. Wrong door panels from Pantera SI. Engine not build by Willi Braun. Second owner just bought a stroker kit and some alloy heads and a cam from me without checking the match. I just deliverd, what he orderd after reading the summit catalog. He tried to build the engine with a friend and Willi Braun just did the last assembly.That was long before Willi had real experience in race car engines. Engine runs, but could have been better done. I don't really know, if he want's to sell seriously, or he just waits for the one with too much money in hand. The car was long time equipped with Lamborghini Countach seats. In the 90's i bought the original seats and interieur parts for my Targa. The seats changed hands to a friend of mine, who sold them back to this guy last year. The car wasn't really driven for years and i suspect major repairs from sitting in storage.
He won't get the price right now, but prices for GT5-S car went up a lot. May be in the future,he will get his  price, when russian millionaire came aware about DeTomaso cars instead of Porsches and Ferrari's.