[DeTomaso] Wilwood Brakes WTF????

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Tue Apr 16 16:57:53 EDT 2013

Mike, not only are your PPC caliper brackets 3/8” thick aluminum but the
holes the caliper mounting bolts screw into use coarse threads. When you
take it apart, count the number of threads that are holding your calipers to
the adapters. It might scare you. That being said, I’ve never heard of a PPC
bracket failing. If I’m not mistaken, PPC uses a spacer between the caliper
and the bracket, so moving up to a ½” bracket shouldn’t be a problem.
Pantera East has very nice steel brackets too.

Also, the standard Wilwood Pantera hats are notoriously un-true, out of the
box. Every single one should be checked, prior to bolting a rotor to it. In
fact, one Vendor told me he trues every single one he gets from Wilwood.