[DeTomaso] Wilwood Brakes WTF????

Jim Wallace pantera_4220 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 16:07:38 EDT 2013

Mike,

I replaced my rotors with Colman.....and replaced the hats direct with Wilwood seeing that I could not get any other satisfaction.....  Still the same problem once the rotors got heated up there was juttering.  Changed the pads to porterfield.....even worse. Had the rotors cut on the car for nearly zero run out. Fought this issue for 3 years and lost my ass everytime I went to a drving event as I was not able to participate.....then moved the the RX-7.  There is something a-miss with this set up.  I have been exposed to others with P-Car's and the same set-up with the same issue epecially at track events.

If you able to figure it out, let me know.....one of the bigger mysteries I could not solve.  I am thinking the aluminum block that extendes the mouting of the
calipers from their original location creates an unstable "moment arm" that feeds back through the steering system.

Jim