[DeTomaso] Wilwood Brakes WTF????

John Buckman jb841 at cox.net
Mon Apr 15 11:47:20 EDT 2013

Side note: What are the residual pressure valves doing in your system?
They don't seem to belong there at all.

>>>As I recall, I think that this was a Wilwood recommendation (and maybe others ?).  It is supposed to keep the
pads a few microns closer to the rotor, saving the driver a microsecond (or two) when applying the brakes.  I
would think that having the residual check valves would have a slightly negative impact on pad and rotor
cooling, but it may be what's needed to keep full race pads at "friction" temps.

John