[DeTomaso] Resurrection

eb0711 at kolumbus.fi eb0711 at kolumbus.fi
Mon Apr 15 03:16:27 EDT 2013

I've seen the MSD connector to dizzy have a bad connection causing
intermitten issues on my buddies car. The same dizzy wire in my car was
resting on block and wore thru the plastic insulator occasionally
shorting to block.

FWIW, I once was struggling with carb, fouling plugs and just by
coincidence had aquired Crane HI6 and PS2(?) coil for another use. Just
for curiosity wired Crane stuff in with plugs that 6AL refused to fire,
and the car started without slightest hesistation. Had to take some
plugs out to ensure myself I wasn't imagining they are sooty. They were
black and sooty, but begun cleaning up a little around electrodes. MSD
box was never installed again, although I had no issues with it before
the self inflicted carb issue. Just appreciated the extra margin for
error in the middle of figuring ot the other issue.

-Janne