[DeTomaso] Wilwood Brakes WTF????

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Apr 14 23:47:17 EDT 2013

In a message dated 4/14/13 19 09 58, pantera_4220 at yahoo.com writes:

> I suggest if you want a sustem that will work correctly at the track, get
> something other than Wilwood as this system just does not work well with
> our package on the P-Cars.
>

>>>I had the jumping steering wheel syndrome until I had the rotors turned
on the car, and that totally fixed it.   But with this recent episode, it
appears the pistons got cocked in the bores which would have led to uneven
braking and general weirdness.

Having said that, the rotors I have are the cheapest you could get; I am
going to upgrade them soon.   I also have purchased a fairly rudimentary brake
cooling ducting system, so we'll see if that has any effect.

It sounds like I am just going to rebuild the calipers, fit new pads, and
hope for the best, although I am going to speak with Wilwood's tech
department tomorrow morning to see what they have to say.