[DeTomaso] Resurrection

Mikael mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk
Sun Apr 14 15:31:29 EDT 2013

Some thoughts...

If it's like a switch being thrown as opposed to something that creeps up on
you, that usually indicates ignition, not carb. Regardless:
Carb: the feel of missing cylinders and having to rev it to keep it alive
and black soot, I've tried that in a boat I bought with a Dominator, it was
hardened power valve. But it was all the time...
Could also be fuel bowls overflowing due to dirt, you need that fuel filter.
Dirt could disappear again, thereby fixing itself until next time. Any sign
of overflow? Like dirt on the intake, major engine fires?!?!
Ignition: I had something similar on my Longchamp for a while with a Mallory
electronic distr, the problem disappeared when I fixed a not too good
battery ground wire. My starting when hot problems also disappeared. The
simple things...

If none of the above helps, I would borrow or buy ignition components until
fixed

Mikael