[DeTomaso] Resurrection

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 10:27:44 EDT 2013

Your suggestion is easier than that, as when my old MSD 6al failed, I bought
another one and sent it to be repaired (I just looked at the repair bill -
it was $19.95! Although it was 2002 or so.)

So I don't have to buy another one I could just swap it out and see if it
fixes the problem. I had always assumed that these things either work or
don't - I didn't know that they could fail slowly or sporadically.

FWIW mine is located behind the passenger seat in the inside of the car. I'm
not completely satisfied with the location, but it works because my wife is
short. It keeps it protected from engine bay heat, water, vibration, etc,

I have to confess that I haven't looked at it that closely - is this a 5
minute job if the box is just flopping around loose in the passenger area,
or is this an engine-cover-out job because the wires coming from the MSD box
go into the engine bay?

Charles McCall
Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe
1985 DeTomaso Pantera #9375