[DeTomaso] Speedometer Cable

Dave dave at damardirect.com
Sat Apr 13 16:18:18 EDT 2013

If you decide to drop the column, you will find this very helpful, from SOBill:

Wisdom from SOBill:
Go to a hardware store  and get two 8 x 1.25 mm x 40 mm (about 1 ½ inch) bolts.
Longer is better. Do not  try this without the 8 x 1.25 mm bolts.

Remove one of the steering column  two rear clamp bolts completely. Screw one of the new long bolts into the hole  where you removed the first regular bolt.

Remove the second rear bolt. Screw the  second long bolt into the second hole.
Remove the remaining two front bolts  (mine are Allen head) and drop the column down. The long bolts will support the  column, but more important, they will align the column clamp holes when you put  the whole thing back in place with only two hands and limited tolerance for  frustration. You will thank me for this method, believe  me.

IndyDave