[DeTomaso] Electric Water Pumps, The 21st Century of Water Circulation

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Apr 13 15:26:29 EDT 2013

In a message dated 4/13/13 12 16 42, guson at home.se writes:

> 32 A is the max output and that won't supply lights and engine cooling
> fans reliably unless you keep the engine at constant redline.
>

>>>At the risk of showing my electrical ignorance, which is considerable
and profound....

I didn't think alternators had a linear output (unlike a belt-driven water
pump, where the volume pumped is directly proportional to engine speed).
Don't alternators generate their output almost regardless of engine rpm, from
just above idle to redline, with power output 'trimmed' by the voltage
regulator based on electrical demand?