[DeTomaso] Clutch master swap out

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Apr 11 20:25:42 EDT 2013

In a message dated 4/11/13 12 25 20, mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk writes:

> IMHO a long throw is not necessary if everything works as designed. That
> said, I've never driven a Pantera with a long throw slave, are they
> noticeably harder to push down? Is it a real nuisance or does one get used
> to it quickly?
>
>>>There is enough car-to-car variation that I have never been able to
specifically feel the difference.   In other words, some cars have clutch effort
reduction kits, others don't.   Some have stock clutches, some are more
'heavy duty'.   And some have long-throw slave cylinders.   When you mix and
match all those variables you get a bunch of different types of pedal feel.

The difference between a normal and long-throw slave is probably almost
insignificant, compared to some of the other things one can do to increase or
decrease pedal effort.