[DeTomaso] Clutch master swap out

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Apr 10 18:18:20 EDT 2013

In a message dated 4/10/13 13 03 30, fisher95020 at gmail.com writes:

> 4 hours later I was complete, but what was a hard pedal last night is
> soft
> this morning (no jokes pls!) .  I bled again this morning with help of a
> friend... started off hard and went soft and then back hard and keeps
> going
> back and forth.
>

>>>I seem to recall that you bought one of the clutch master cylinders that
is well-known for being defective, often right out of the box.   The
symptoms you are describing track perfectly with the symptoms of those bad
masters.

If yours looks like this:

With "DeTomaso" cast into the left side, then you know the problem
straightaway.

If so, the good news is that you are now experienced with changing clutch
master cylinders, and when you install the proper one, it should go a bit
faster....

Hopefully the problem is something OTHER than this?