[DeTomaso] Underhood electrical tape

Al Chelini pantera at cox.net
Wed Apr 10 17:47:30 EDT 2013

This may help. I've had really good results with a silicone based,
waterproof, black stretch tape which is readily available (Home Depot,
etc.).

I've used it in engine bays to dress wire bundles, as well as restoring
cracking electrical vinyl "bellows" style (non-replaceable) boots on engine
bay connectors (on other marques), and it's held up for years.  It's good
up to 500 F, bonds to itself, chemically (gas and oil) resistant, and is
easy to remove, leaving no sticky residue.  In other words, it's almost
perfect for this application. It even comes in a "clear" version if you
need to see the color coding on wires.

Ask for "*Stretch & Seal*" , manufactured by Nashua, in the plumbing
department. It's about $7 per roll. Follow package directions closely for
best results; and in particular, remember it must be substantially
stretched and  2/3rds overlaped to itself for proper application.

There are competitors out there as well that work, but this brand is
substantially thinner, so it conforms better and is easier to work. The
other stuff (i. e., Magic Wrap) is a better choice for heavier-duty
problems.

Good luck, let me know how it goes, and ...  No, I don't own the company
.... just promoting a good product for the general improvement of the
Pantera community.

Al Chelini
# 3915