[DeTomaso] Clutch master swap out

David Fisher fisher95020 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 16:03:11 EDT 2013

Finally got to it last night and it was a royal pain in the butt.   I was
doing it by myself and was grateful for the tips, but sure enough, the
little clevis pin refused to come out and the old master was corroded into
the pedal box  ( It might be safe to assume it was original)

4 hours later I was complete, but what was a hard pedal last night is soft
this morning (no jokes pls!) .  I bled again this morning with help of a
friend... started off hard and went soft and then back hard and keeps going
back and forth.

I replaced the slave 6 months ago.  No fluid leaking anywhere.

Only thing I can think of is that I dont have the master push rod at the
right length and I am somehow in the wrong place for the internal inlet and
exit holes,  but even that doesnt make much sense.

I'm stratching my head on this one....

Thoughts?