[DeTomaso] Brake Booster Check Valve

sean mundy seanmundy at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 10 13:00:41 EDT 2013

I tried blowing air into it and it seemed to be closing as normal.
I then tried to suck air and the valve makes a faint fluttering sound
and hardly any air can be sucked through.
I think the rubber valve or whatever is in there is malfunctioning.
I tried to wash it out and used some degreaser but it didn't make any difference.
I am getting around 12-15in of vacuum at around 2kRPM but my brakes have always felt like they
are not working properly.  Never been able to lock up the brakes.  I hope
this check valve might be the cause.