[DeTomaso] Need Help:)

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Apr 8 21:37:14 EDT 2013

All,

I failed to notice that there are TWO articles regarding the headlight
motor operation in TSB #14.   The second one deals with converting a newer,
later relay to early-style operation, but the first one discusses the new motor
introduced into the 1974 models.   I don't know what the difference is or
why they felt the need to change the motor, but they believe that the new
motor requires very different wiring, and as part of introducing the new motor,
they have pages and pages of instructions on rewiring early cars to bring
them up to 1974 spec; the instructions center on introducing a 30A circuit
breaker into the system, to be affixed directly to the existing headlamp relay.
  The power to/from the relay is modified as well.

This begs the question--were the 1974 production cars wired this way?   The
TSB would seem to indicate so; the red/black wire is removed and taped off,
and a new wire runs from the junction block under the dash, through a
circuit breaker on the relay panel, and then to the headlight relay.

Can somebody with a fairly late car confirm that it is wired this way?
How about you, Freddy?   Do you have a circuit breaker mounted to the top of
your headlight relay?