[DeTomaso] Stock transmission speedo output

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Mon Apr 8 11:43:51 EDT 2013

2013-04-08 16:57, Julian Kift skrev:
> The speedos are identified as 1610 or 1210 revs/mile, as far as I'm
> aware the angle drives (VDO at least) are only marked 1:1 or 1.1:1.

Ok, I have not checked a VDO closer, but the parts catalog has an arrow
pointing to one side of it with a label "rapporto ratio", so I think you
are correct.

The later Borletti drives are marked 50-0806 or 50-0804, according to
the parts catalog.

My cousin was missing the angle drive for his basket case, and bought
one from the US, and the speedo indicated about 30% too much. After
buying the correct Borletti drive from the factory it was OK.