[DeTomaso] Trunk smell

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Fri Apr 5 18:33:36 EDT 2013

I too have experienced the exhaust smell that permeates the luggage carried in the back truck.  I think I've only used my truck 3 times in the 25 years I've owned the car but the most recent was on my drive to Phoenix last year.

I have noticed in a lot of photos I've seen that the truck pod does not have the rubber seal that goes across the front edge of the pod (just behind the motor).  I'm also missing this seal.

So my question is this:  does the seal make much of a difference in reducing the exhaust smell?

Tom
5186