[DeTomaso] weird oem pressure tank received from rs corse in modena

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Wed Apr 3 22:15:02 EDT 2013

Dear Bob,

            They are there to duplicate the "improved" cooling system on the
L model.  The small lines were supposed to automatically vent air from the
radiator back via the small hose to the small fittings on the tank.  Great
idea, but it did not function as hoped.  I have had my line disconnected on
both of L Panteras for a few decades and there is no problem.   I would
recommend having them welded shut as you suggest or seriously closed by some
other method.  If I understand correctly about your radiator, then you use a
normal petcock in the upper left corner and a normal petcock on the lower
left.  If you want to go fancy, then buy a ninety degree petcock to make all
future coolant draining a simple task by fitting rubber hose over the ninety
degree fitting to prevent messy green puddles.

             It has been so long that I looked at the radiator cap, that I
can't recall what pressure they are.  I am sure someone else knows.

            It should be a pretty easy installation.  Good luck.

                        Warmest regards, Chuck Engles