[DeTomaso] weird oem pressure tank received from rs corse in modena

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Wed Apr 3 20:54:49 EDT 2013

Hello All,

I am replacing my old pressure tank and my overflow tank. I ordered my
original tanks from RS Corse in Modena Italy .

The pressure tank has the normal 3/8 ths connection at the neck , opening
for the temp sending unit, lower and upper radiator hose size connections.
Besides the normal hose connections this new pressure tank has two extra
hose connections the size of toothpicks at the top quarter of the tank. When I
 asked RS Corse what these connections were for ,they replied and said it
was  used to purge air from the radiator . They told me to run a line to the
upper  radiator petcock so the cooling system would purge air when needed.

My question is :

Does this make sense?

If it does make sense what kind of petcock valve do I put in place of the
standard petcock in my fluidyne radiator ?

Or

Should I just have the two small toothpick size connectors on the pressure
tank welded shut ?

Open for suggestions. I am also open for suggestions on what radiator cap
and psi to use with the pressure tank.

Best Regards,
Bob Levitt